Purpose and Scope
iRock School of Music is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of data subjects, safely and securely processing their data in accordance with all of our legal obligations.
This policy describes how iRock School of Music meets its data protection obligations in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding collecting your personal data and how we treat it. By contacting iRock in any way including visiting our website: www.irockschool.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy applies to staff, customers, suppliers and anyone else whom iRock may have reason to collect and process data.
In specific situations, we can collect and process data with your consent.
For example, when you submit photography permissions for your child.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data due to criminal activity.
Fair collection and processing
- Personal data (data which can be connected to a specific individual) will be collected and processed only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil business needs or legal requirements.
- Personal data held will be kept up to date and accurate
What information do we collect?
iRock needs to obtain and process certain information about our customers to allow us to register pupils and carry out essential activities. These details include:
- Information provided by you such as your name and general contact information
- Information regarding your child such as their name, school year, date of birth and medical information.
- Information about the use of our website including details of your visits such as page views and resources that you access. This includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information relevant to competitions and customer surveys.
- If you make use of any of our social media features, the social media provider may send us information in line with their polices.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- Payment information such as direct debit and payment card details.
How do we use your information?
- The information iRock collect from you is only used to provide our services to you.
- Verifying you as a customer to detect and prevent fraud
- Provide you with information that you request from us relation to our products or services.
- To provide you with information relation to other products that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or products.
How we store your information
We are committed to do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not always secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirety at your own risk.
Who we share your personal data with
We sometimes share your data with trusted third parties.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with:
- IT companies who support our website and business systems.
- Direct marketing companies.
- Data management companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
Examples of the companies who will process your personal data:
- Smart Debit
- Mail chimp
- Message bird
- 123 Contact Form
How long will we keep your data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
If you cancel your subscription with iRock we will remove your data from our system after 1 term (typically 12-13 weeks).
What are your rights over your personal data?
- You have a right to request access to your personal data we hold about you free of charge.
- The correction of your person data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
How you can stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing
- Email us anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0330 174 2655
- Click ‘unsubscribe’ on any of our marketing email communication.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
If you have any further questions we will be happy to help you:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0330 174 2655